Internal trials will be held on Wednesday 14 February, lesson 1 and 2. Students will need to be changed into appropriate sporting clothes and come with a change of shoes to be able to trial.
Selection is based on a range of criteria assessed in the physical trial, referee statements and student reports which will include:
- "coach-ability" (follows instructions, thinks independently)
- athleticism (power, strength and aerobic capacity)
- excellent hand/ eye coordination
- ability to work in a team
- school reports (positive work habits and striving for success)
- physical education grade in 2023 (year 8’s only)
- Heathfield physical education teacher recommendation in 2023 (year 8’s only)
- student behavior records
High level of physical capabilities, tested by:
- vertical jump
- shoulder throw
- coordination throw test
- agility speed test
*Students are expected to have a high level of cardiovascular endurance, although this will not be tested at the trials*
If selected students are expected to:
- Demonstrate a willingness, desire and commitment to developing their own skills and knowledge within volleyball
- Complete all required theory work and tasks, thoroughly and on time
- Be prepared for each lesson with appropriate uniform, footwear and safety equipment
- Continually strive to improve their skills and knowledge in all aspects of their schooling
- Provide a positive role model for others in their approach to learning, school rules and behavior
- Be active participants in Sports Day and Swimming Carnival
- Be available to represent the school in a range of other sporting events the school offers
- Abide by the spirit and rules of their sport, behave in a dignified manner
- Play in regular Volleyball competitions (Junior League Friday nights) – Non negotiable
- Compete in the South Australian (Adelaide over a weekend) and Australian Volleyball School Cups (Gold Coast for a week in December)
The minimum cost for the first year of the program will be approximately $3000 (subject to change, based on 2023 fee’s). This includes: uniform, semester fees, end of year tournament, State Cup and the regular Friday night competition.
How do you apply?
Year 7 to 9 in 2024 - Applications are open for limited spaces to students who are at Heathfield High School in 2024
To apply, please complete an application, please do so by clicking here.