In accordance with the Regulation under the Education Act, the Governing Council has the power to decide the appropriate uniform for the school. All students in years 8-12 (year 7 from 2022) at Heathfield High School are required to wear the school uniform.
Reasons why all students wear the school uniform:
- identification with the school
- a sense of pride in belonging to this school
- cost effective and durable clothing
- assisting in the provision of a safe school environment
- an opportunity for students to feel respect for themselves and others because of their positive image
Students who are not compliant with school uniform will be asked to change into a school provided uniform on days they attend with the incorrect uniform. Students may also be restricted from accessing recess and lunch breaks while in non-uniform clothing. They may also:
on the first occasion, a behaviour record for non-compliant uniform will be recorded and the garment/ hat/ item confiscated and handed to the front office. School supplied loan uniform can be provided for those who require it.The item can be collected Friday Break 1 of the same week after a 30-minute detention in FSC.
on the second occasion, a behaviour record for non-compliant uniform will be recorded and the garment/ hat/ item confiscated and handed to the front office. School supplied loan uniform can be provided for those who require it. The item can be collected Friday Break 1 of the same week after a 30-minute detention in FSC.
once a third behaviour record for non-compliant uniform has been issued the garment/ hat/ item of clothing will be confiscated and handed to the front office. The item can then be collected Friday Break 1 on the last week of term. If consistently non-compliant the student will be followed up by the Year Level Leader and contact will be made with the Parent/ Caregiver.
In the event of the student not having access to the correct uniform, we recommend parents provide students with a written note from home explaining non-compliant clothing. The student would still likely be required to loan/borrow the correct uniform.
Parents and students are advised that any garments other than the approved uniform items are NOT part of the school uniform and are therefore unacceptable.
WHERE TO PURCHASE THE UNIFORM
It is highly recommended that all items of the school uniform are purchased from Worklocker at Mt Barker (exception - plain, completely black shoes, white, navy or black socks). This will avoid non-compliant uniform e.g. correct navy blue pants.
- short sleeved polo shirt with embroidered school logo
- long sleeved polo shirt with embroidered school logo
- maroon, blue and white check dress (registered design). Length of dress must be no more than 5-10cm above the knee.
- pleated tartan skirt in maroon and blue (registered design). Length of skirt must be no more than 5-10cm above the knee. (This skirt must NOT be worn as a shorter fashion item).
- plain tailored shorts in mid school grey. Length of shorts must be no more than 5-10cm above the knee.
- tailored pants in mid school grey or navy (grey pant to be phased out by 2025). The style may vary to suit individual body types/ needs.
- fleece jumper with school logo
- navy blue rugby top with school logo
- school jacket - fleece lined with school logo
- waterproof navy-blue school zip front jacket, available only through Heathfield High School.
- plain socks - black, navy or white
- black stockings – plain, black, no rips, no tears, no patterned stockings, no fish nets. Black stockings can only be worn underneath the school dress/ skirt.
- black leggings - full length, no logos (mid-calf and ankle-length tights are not accepted as uniform). Black leggings can only be worn underneath the school dress/ skirt.
- a completely plain white or completely plain navy blue short-sleeved, round-necked t-shirt may be worn under the short or long-sleeved polo shirt for extra warmth
- no accessorising to any school uniform items is permitted
- closed, plain, completely black shoes, to be worn
All of the items below can only be worn before and after school and during break times. Students refusing to follow instruction to remove items will follow the non-compliance process.
- school beanie
- school hat
- winter puffer jacket, must be black with minimal logos
JEWELLERY AND MAKE-UP
If students choose to wear jewellery and/ or make-up it must be discreet (as appropriate for work environment).
All students are required to wear the PE Uniform for all P.E. lessons.
- maroon and blue short sleeved polo shirt, with embroidered school logo
- navy blue shorts
- sports shoes worn with plain white, navy or black socks
- Please note: The PE Uniform must only be worn for PE lessons.
The Volleyball uniform must only be worn for volleyball lessons, tournaments and competitions
- volleyball training top with school logo purchased only from the school
- volleyball playing shorts with school logo purchased only from the school
- walk out top with school logo for competitions and games
- senior girls bike shorts with school logo for year 10 students and above
- playing top purchased only from the school
- navy blue pants purchased from the supplier of your choice
- knee pads purchased from the school
- quality court shoes purchased from a supplier of your choice
- volleyball rugby top (optional) purchased only from the school
- ankle braces (optional) can be purchased from supplier of choice