An exciting, challenging and very practical lifestyle course especially designed for boys or girls with a strong community focus.
Students develop skills necessary for independent living through:
• Budgeting for everyday life
• Developing basic outdoor skills such as setting up a camp site, navigation or orienteering
• Learning about and discussing a range of male or female related health issues – physical, mental and social.
• Teamwork and communication challenges
• Overnight camping experience
• Developing emotional intelligence
Focus Of Learning
Topics may include:
• Communication and teamwork
• Self Esteem/Emotional intelligence
• Community Volunteering
• Skills in textiles / fashion
• Overnight Camp
Evidence Of Learning
A variety of tasks allow students to develop knowledge, skills and understanding through…..
TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION - Through food practical activities, group work and practical lessons.
INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY - Through applying new knowledge in team situations.
CRITICAL THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING - In applying knowledge learnt to a practical situation.
EFFECTIVE ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION - working as a team, presenting research findings to the class, presentation of written investigations and evaluations.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING - through practical application, written and oral communication
$100.00 – includes overnight camp and cooking ingredients.
Back to top