Subject Details - Stage 1 Physical Education B

SACE Stage
SACE Stage 1
SACE Credits
10 credits
Learning Area
Responsible Living
Subject Length
1 semester
Subject Overview
Students' practical skills and performance and their knowledge and understanding of a number of theory topics are extended. The course is comprised of three negotiated practical topics that account for 60% of the overall mark and two negotiated theory topics making up the remaining 40%.
Focus Of Learning
Topics include:
     Practicals may include touch football, volleyball, badminton, indoor soccer, basketball, netball, softball or European handball. One of the practical topics is Aquatics which involves two full days at Murraylands Aquatic Centre in either kayaking, sailing or wind surfing

     Theory - the compulsory theory topic will be Skill Acquisition and Biomechanics.
The application of skills in competition and of theoretical concepts to practical performance and lifestyle will provide valuable background experiences for students wishing to study Stage 2 Physical Education.
Evidence Of Learning
Assessment tasks include:
Practicals
     Specific skill tests
     Performance checklist criteria


Theory
     assignments
     laboratory work
     Issues Analysis
     Tests
     1 hour end of semester exam
Prerequisites
An achievement level of 'B' or better in any Year 10 Responsible Living subject.
Costs
$80.00 includes the two days Aquatics activities


  Back to top