Subject Details - Stage 1 Physical Education A

SACE Stage
SACE Stage 1
SACE Credits
10 credits
Learning Area
Responsible Living
Subject Length
1 semester
Subject Overview
Students’ practical skills, performance and knowledge and an understanding of a number of theory topics are extended. Three negotiated practical topics that account for 60% of the overall marks and two negotiated theory topics making up the remaining 40%, are undertaken.
Focus Of Learning
One of the practical topics is Aquatics involving two full days at Murraylands Aquatic Centre in either kayaking, sailing or windsurfing. Other practical topics may include touch football, volleyball, badminton, soccer, basketball, netball, European handball or softball.
The application of skills in competition and of theoretical concepts to practical performance and lifestyle will provide valuable background experiences for students wishing to study SACE Stage 2 Physical Education
Theory topics may include Training methods and principles, issues in sport, Energy systems, Fitness components and testing and Exercise Physiology and Fitness
Evidence Of Learning
Assessment tasks include:
Practicals
     Specific skill tests
     Performance checklist criteria

Theory
     Assignments
     Laboratory work
     Issues analysis
     1 hour end of semester exam
Prerequisites
An achievement of 'B' or better in any Year 10 Responsible Living subjects.
Costs
$80.00 includes the two days Aquatics activities


  Back to top