Year 11 CoursesThis page provides access to information about the courses offered at Heathfield High School. These courses show the pattern of subjects that you must choose at each year level.
|General||This course is suitable for all students in Year 11.
- Year 11 students must NOT select a SACE Stage 2 subject unless they have been given written permission to do so by the relevant Subject Coordinator.
- All Stage 1 students at Heathfield High School will undertake Stage 2 Research Project during 2016. This will allow a greater length of time for students to successfully complete the Research Project, and will leave Stage 2 for them to focus on their other subjects. It will also provide the possibility for students to complete an additional Stage 2 subject in 2017 – at the discretion of the school.
- If a subject is offered as two individual semester subjects, the two semesters may be named as A and B, or as 1 and 2. If the subjects are named as 1 and 2, then you must enrol in both. If the subjects are named as A and B, then you can enrol in the second semester without having to enrol in the first. For example, Physics is offerd as Physics 1 and Physics 2. You must enrol in both Physics 1 and Physics 2. However, Biology is offered as Biology A and Biology B. You can enrol in Biology B without having to enrol in Biology A.
- SACE Stage 1 English As A Second Language should only be chosen by students who speak English as a second language or as an additional language, and whose knowledge of English is restricted.
- Students in Year 11 can also choose from an extensive range of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses. Further information about VET courses is available in the subject listings. Students who wish to undertake a VET course will still select 10 semesters of study from the subjects listed on this page. After their VET enrolment has been processed and any applicable fees have been paid, the VET course will be substituted for their lowest preference choice subjects. Please note that VET courses will only proceed if there is sufficient student interest.
- Whilst every effort is made to place students in the subjects of their first choice, some combinations may not be possible due to a number of factors. These include the number of students choosing particular subjects, and timetable and staffing constraints. For this reason, students will be asked to nominate reserve subjects when choosing their course. Students should select their choice and reserve subjects in order of preference. If it is not possible for a student to do one or more of the choice subjects they have chosen, one or more of their reserve subjects will be substituted for their lowest preference choice(s).
This course is suitable for all students in Year 11.
Back to top