Year 10 CoursesThis page provides access to information about the courses offered at Heathfield High School. These courses show the pattern of subjects that you must choose at each year level.
|Innovation & Futures Studies (Advanced Technologies)||This course is suitable for students who wish to study the Year 10 Innovation & Futures Studies (Advanced Technologies) course.
|General||This course is suitable for students who do not wish to study the Year 10 Innovation & Futures Studies (Advanced Technologies) course.
- Students should only select two 1 semester VET courses, or one 2 semester VET course.
- Girls Get Active is for female students only.
- If a subject is offered as two individual semester subjects, the two semesters may be named as A and B, or as 1 and 2. If the subjects are named as 1 and 2, then you can only enrol for the second semester if you have enrolled in the first semester. If the subjects are named as A and B, then you can enrol in the second semester without having to enrol in the first. For example, Music is offerd as Music 1 and Music 2. You can only enrol in Music 2 if you have also enrolled in Music 1. However, Food Studies is offered as Food Studies A and Food Studies B. You can enrol in Food Studies B without having to enrol in Food Studies A.
- Information Technology is taught across the curriculum through a range of subjects.
- Music students undertake specialist instrumental music or vocal instruction of thirty minutes each week, on a withdrawal basis during normal school hours.
- Students in Year 10 can also choose from an extensive range of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses. Further information about VET courses is available in the subject listings. Students who wish to undertake a VET course will still select 14 semesters of study from the subjects listed on this page. After their VET enrolment has been processed and any applicable fees have been paid, the VET course will be substituted for their lowest preference choice subject(s). Please note that VET courses will only proceed if there is sufficient student interest.
- Whilst every effort is made to place students in the subjects of their first choice, some combinations may not be possible due to a number of factors. These include the number of students choosing particular subjects, and timetable and staffing constraints. For this reason, students will be asked to nominate reserve subjects when choosing their course. Students should select their choice and reserve subjects in order of preference. If it is not possible for a student to do one or more of the choice subjects they have chosen, one or more of their reserve subjects will be substituted for their lowest preference choice(s).
This course is suitable for students who wish to study the Year 10 Innovation & Futures Studies (Advanced Technologies) course.
Back to top
This course is suitable for students who do not wish to study the Year 10 Innovation & Futures Studies (Advanced Technologies) course.
Back to top